Sofia2 new release 2.9.0 is now available. This version has also been deployed in the experimentation platform Sofia2 In-Cloud.
This new version add the following features to the platform:
· Processed messages information by Sofia2 In-cloud instance.
As an example of Sofia2’s plugins functionality, the number of messages processed by the platform is being collected. On the home page of Sofia2’s web, this information can be viewed in real time. Till now Sofia2 has processed over 118 million records, 31 millions of them are on the BDTR(BD Real Time) and over 87 millios on the BDH (Hadoop).
· Sofia2 API Manager (Version 2).
In this new version, you can create a complete API with all methods (insert, update, query,..) from an existing ontology.
The Test & Doc UI has been improved as well.
· Various improvements at Geographic Viewer: Now the shown information is updated every few seconds.
· Scripting Rules Engine and CEP Engine Integration
From this version on, Scripting Rules can be launched from an event triggered by a CEP rule (in addition to ontology and timer).
· Scripting Rules Engine Enhancements
On the other hand several improvements have been undertaken (to be continued in next releases). This release includes:
Launching a rule before the arrival of an instance of a ontologies group or a parent ontology (in which case the rule is triggered when an instance of any child ontology arrives).
The operations editor has now autocomplete and a new theme
New operations are included in the API that can be invoked from scripts (Administrators can also create new operations), the API now:
sendTweet(apiKey, apiKeySecret, token, tokenSecret, parameters)
sendMail(to, subject, msg)
httpPOST(url, parameters, timeout)
updateInBDTR(ontologyName, query, data)
findInCircle(ontologyName, indexName, longitude, latitude, radio)
· Wizard for simplified creation of ontologies.
Often platform users want to start dumping data immediately on the platform, creating a simple ontology, without following the recommended governance. For these scenarios this functionality simplifies the creation of such ontologies.
Through the corresponding menu
the attributes of the ontology can be defined along with its data type and whether they are mandatory or not.
These type data are supported in this version
By clicking the button the JSON schema corresponding to this ontology is generated.
· Contextual help for Platform’s users.
In order to guide users, now there is a table that shows all necessary steps to create Sofia2 applications. It shows the steps already done and serves as guide for the uncompleted ones.
· Assets management improvements:
Assets management has now been extended allowing now several management options of nodes and locations.
This allows to associate Assets to a node. Assets may also have a hierarchy. Allowing Tag searching
· Automatic Contributor (colaborator) role change request.
When a user logs into Sofia2 In-Cloud has a pre-assigned user level role. The user can use the platform in consult mode (can subscribe ontologies and create clients).
If he/she wants to publish data on the platform and use the advanced capabilities of the platform in general (such as scripting engine or CEP), needs to have a COLABORADOR role.
This new feature allows the user to request that role change directly from the console UI.
The administrator can validate each request responding positively or rejecting each of them. He can explain the reasons and if more information is required through email.
· Adjustments and Infrastructure improvements on KP Model and testing Smart Coruña’s CSC Gateway.
Work continues on the sofia2 software certification tests that will run on this gateway. Includes performance testing, stability, reconnection,..
· Improvements and bug fixes in Node.js API. This API is already being used by some contributors (thanks Julio and Marco)
· New examples and help guide in the Java API
· SDK version 2.9 SDKs platform update.
· Resolution of various bugs and incorporating improvements in performance and stability