This entry will show you a step-by-step guide to follow in order to POST a message using REST API to Sofia2 Smart Platform, by using the versatile Xadow BLE+GSM module from Seeed. This module is the central unit of the Rephone Kit, a modular approach designed to build innovative IoT scenarios.
Xadow BLE+GSM is a tiny development board and a great fit for mobility applications. Based on one of the smallest chips in the market, Xadow BLE+GSM provides developers with an enriching blend of communication technologies, thanks to Bluetooth Smart (BLE) capabilities paired with a 2G GSM/GPRS modem (850/900/1800/1900MHz).
The board is based on the MT2502 SoC from Mediatek, featuring:
- Micro-controller: 32-bit ARM7EJ-STM RISC processor
- RAM Memory: 4 MB
- FLASH Memory: 16 MB
- Power supply: 3.3~4.2V (no SIM) / 3.5~4.2V (with SIM)
- Power consumption: 20mW (@standby, no radio), 30 mW (@standby GSM), 45 mW (@standby BLE)
- 4-band modem: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- GPRS modem class 12
- Clock: 260 MHz
- Connector: 35-pin connector and PIN Connector to interconnect Rephone extra modules (GPS board, GPIO expansion board, LCD,…) JST1.0 Battery connector.
- Interfaces: LCD, Audio, I2C,SPI, UART ad GPIOs